GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It represents the new legislation on how your personal information is protected by law and it will change the way businesses and public sector organisations can handle their customers’ information. Our business seeks to comply at all times with the GDPR regulation and the UK Data Protection Act (the Data Protection Legislation).
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on our website?
- how long you spend on our website
- how you arrived on our website
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with supplier organisations, other government departments, agencies and public bodies.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We will share your data if we are required to do so by law
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Contact us or make a complaint
If you have any questions about anything in this document, think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, please get in touch with us by phone or via email.